Tuesday, May 15, 2007

"scav dreams", or, "an indicator of how incredibly intense it is to captain an incredibly intense team"

5/10/2007: list release
We're all standing around in the "Please Wait to be Seated" area of what is probably an Olive Garden, waiting for D.
Finally it's been a while, and I (lovingly) say something along the lines of "Man, where is that asshole?"
My friends all look at me, variously shocked and disgusted. The restaurant falls silent and everything is uncomfortable.
"Kat, he died," someone says.
We're in the basement of his childhood home. I pick up a few of his old Ninja Turtle action figures from a cardboard box and cry into them.


5/11/2007: day 1
Shoreland Scav has literally no money, Nancy tells me. There will be no reimbursements.


i didn't sleep enough to dream the next two days
and then


5/14/2007: the hangover
I'm back at the post-Scav bonfire on the point, talking with the Friendliest Judge. He asks about my plans for Shoreland Scav next year.
"Well, we're probably going to sell T-shirts fall quarter, because once people have bought a T-shirt they'll be less likely to flake out, and winter quarter we'll see what happens after I find out how my application for Hot Side Hot goes this time," I reply.
He tries very, very hard to be kind as he urges me not to bother applying.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home